Overview of the role
Why Success Local…
The team at Success Local enable hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses to flourish online. Helping them to promote their business with bespoke designed, easy to use and Google-friendly websites.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative and versatile person to join our expanding team. You’ll work alongside the team to design and develop websites that can be effectively marketed. You’ll look after, and deliver, website projects for a number of customers, across a range of interesting and exciting industries.
You’ll have a key part to play…
As a web designer/developer, you’ll use your experience to design and create exciting new user friendly websites ready for digital marketing, whilst also assisting other members of the web and digital team to push ideas and implement the latest industry standards on new and existing websites. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are vital as you communicate with the customer and answer queries around different stages of the web build. We’ll provide support and opportunities for you to expand on your existing knowledge, hone your skills to deliver strong online results and to develop as a person.
The freedom to create…
It’s the people who make the business. Working alongside a creative and talented team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a major role in the development of the business and the web department in particular. Our training budget lets you take control of your destiny, researching and learning about new and exciting aspects of web & UX design and development.
If this sounds a lot like you, we’d love to hear from you:
- 2+ years of experience in a web design/development role, ideally using WordPress
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Sketch, Photoshop)
- Fully optimising websites for a variety of devices and screen sizes
- Online portfolio of your work
- Awareness of SEO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bags of initiative
- Keen to learn and develop into new areas of web design
- Team player who works well with others
- Driven to make a difference
- Positive, honest and reliable
What can we offer you?
- 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, rising by 1 day for every year of service to a maximum of 25 days
- 12 additional half days per year (one per month) to give an element of flexibility
- A day off on your birthday
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Happiness budget – a fund for team activities
- £200 pre-committed training budget per year
- Fun & collaborative working environment
- Relaxed dress code
- Unlimited tea & coffee
- Team socials
- Support to gain industry-recognised qualifications
- An environment where employees are truly valued and innovative ideas are encouraged
- Opportunity to attend industry events/conferences
- Office in the centre of town
Salary £20,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
Please submit your CV, along with a portfolio of work.